Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fear equals respect



The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,but fools despise wisdom and instruction.  Proverbs 1: 7

I always read this verse before wondering  why we needed to be afraid of God.  It never made sense that you could gain wisdom through fear.  But, when you look at the definition of fearing God as showing reverence or respect then it makes perfect sense.  I do know, that for me personally, when I have a lot of respect for someone, I tend to listen more carefully to what they say and am more willing to follow their advice. 


In what ways do you show your respect for our Lord and Savior?


I am reading the Proverbs in 31 Days with Amy at MomsToolBox.com .

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm your first follower. I can't wait to see how the Lord works in our lives through the Proverbs in 31 Days.

    ~ Ellen

    http://aseasonforallthings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete